Greek Pasta Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Is Aweosome
This simple, fresh and lively Greek pasta salad makes an excellent spring side dish or a simple main course with the addition of grilled shrimp or chicken. I do not think you can beat this combination of piquant Greek taste. The inspiration for this salad is taken directly from my mother…
I do not think you can beat this combination of piquant Greek taste.
The inspiration for this salad comes directly from my mother, who makes a delicious side salad without a similar salad for my Greek father. Our Greek connections are deep and I can’t resist anything with Kalamata olives and feta. The best thing about this salad is that it can be easily adjusted to your preferences.
Bulk diet by adding more vegetables.
Vegetables for Greek salad:
- Red onions
- Chopped spinach
- Green onions
You can also replace the pasta with Israeli couscous, quinoa, chickpeas or fresh zoodles.
This salad is brightened by fresh lemon juice and oregano and is always a hit with my family and friends. It’s a weekly staple in our home, which means it’s kid-friendly and easy to throw together. I hope you enjoy this delicious and piquant Greek pasta salad as much as we do!
This fresh, lively Greek salad is an excellent spring side dish or a simple main course with grilled shrimp or chicken.
Ingredients for salad
- 8 ounces pasta of choice (I used bowtie), cooked and chilled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 Pint of grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives pitted, halved
- 6 Ounces crumbled feta cheese
- For the wardrobe
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 Tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tsp dried oregano
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop boiling. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- While the pasta is cooking, wash and prepare the ingredients salad.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients of the vinaigrette and whiskey to mix well.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Serve at room temperature or cool.